Red Light Therapy FAQ
How does Red Light Therapy / PhotoBioModulation work?
- It's pretty simple actually. It helps your cells do their jobs better! It does this by knocking out stuck nitric oxide in the mitochondria of the cell so oxygen can get back in there and boom, you’ve got increased ATP production = more energy for the cell to do it’s job.
How do I use my Red Therapy Light?
- Simple! Just place the device on a table, chair, or the ground. Position yourself 18" away and expose the desired area of your body to the light for 5-7 mins and enjoy the benefits :)
What's the difference between Classic & PRO?
- Both Classic and PRO models offer the same power and performance. The PRO models are our next generation design which include an integrated control panel to control the lights including an auto-off timer feature to make the treatment a much more seamless experience. Both the classic and PRO are great options. It really just depends on your budget and if you want the extra features the new control panel gives you.
Do I need safety glasses with this light?
- To error on the side of caution we do recommend wearing darkened safety glasses. All of our products come with these glasses for free. Our RedRush lights are very bright and if you have any eye issues (or any other health conditions at all) you should always talk to your doctor before using a device like RedRush.
- These wavelengths (660nm & 850nm) have been shown in multiple studies to be beneficial for the eyes and are currently being studied for treatment of certain eye diseases. However, due to the level of brightness it’s a good idea to wear darkened safety glasses, turn on the light away from you, and let your eyes adjust before shining on your face / eyes.
Can I do too much red light therapy?
- Yes. If you do too much the positive effects go away because you are actually adding more stress to the cells. Just stick to less than 15 mins per area per day and you’ll be on the safe side. More than that and you'll just be undoing the positive effects anyways.
- It’s worth noting that red light therapy is very safe and there are no known negative side effects after over 3,000 clinical studies.
How long does it take to feel a difference?
- Great question. Most people feel at least some difference in energy and a nice “glow” to their skin right away. 8 weeks of daily use is the rule of thumb to see more dramatic effects. Why 8 weeks? This is the length of most skin benefit studies. For other uses like muscle soreness and joints some feel a difference right away and for others it can take up to 8 hrs after use to feel the full effects. Beyond that for the more systemic whole body health benefits (like muscle growth during strength training) it can take several weeks of using once per day in order to feel a difference. For best results we recommend treating for 5 days, then taking 2 days off, then repeating this cycle.
- Remember the way it works is by helping your cells do their job better, so it's still up to your cells to do the work once they've gotten the boost from the RedRush. So if you want to boost results, eat well, stay hydrated, and make sure to relieve stress as much as possible.
When will my order ship?
- Check current shipping times here: https://redtherapy.co/pages/current-shipping-times
What if I don't love it?
- Well we are pretty sure you will love it... but just in case you can return your purchase for a full refund with no questions asked anytime within the first 60 days after delivery.
Returns must be postmarked before the end of the 60-day trial. They must be received in like-new condition with all original accessories. All returns received with damaged or missing components may be subject to additional fees. (International customers are responsible for the return shipping cost.) Please note that we cannot be held liable for lost or damaged shipments that are returned to us, so we advise you to ship it with a tracking number.
Our international customers are very important to us and we are proud to be serving customers worldwide! Please keep in mind that the recipient of an international shipment may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees which are imposed once a shipment reaches the recipient's country.
To solve this problem we do offer several shipping options with all custom fees and duties are included. If however, you choose the shipping option with Duties & Taxes *NOT* Included then all applicable customs fees, taxes and duties will sole responsibility of the recipient.
Please note that on rare occasions, customs agents may delay the delivery of some packages at their discretion. For more information on customs and duties charges, please contact your local customs office.
If the recipient refuses his package, that means the package is undeliverable and returned to Red Light Therapy Co. At that point the shipping and return shipping total charges will be deducted from customer’s payment amount refunded once the shipment is receive back to Red Therapy Co.
If you have any questions regarding your international order, please contact us!